Interested in a growth strategy? Growth in business is essential. If your business is not growing, it is dying.
When a business decides they want to grow, a standard marketing plan usually does not work.
What is a standard marketing plan? It covers the basics. Yes, this forms the base of a plan. If you are interested in growth, a different approach is needed.
So; with that in mind, here are 5 secrets about a growth strategy nobody will tell you:
- Growth takes guts. Just saying you are going to grow; does not mean it just happens. It takes guts, determination, and focused effort.
- Growth usually takes longer than what you planned. The projections looked good, but the business is not hitting it as quick as you planned.
- Growth needs thinking, talking, and work. Yes, there is a lot of work. Work. Work. And some more work.
- There is a lot of failure in growth. Not everything always works the first time. The campaign fails. Then something works, and stops. Competition launches something. And the list goes on and on. Fail, learn, improve.
- Test, Test, Test … you need data to make decisions. Testing gives you the feedback before you scale. Do not scale too soon. Test. Get it working. Then scale.
Growth happens everywhere in a business. It is not limited to just one thing. Do not limit your focus. Keep an open mind. Work on your ideas. Keep a journal and make notes. You never know when that right idea will come.